Fire Damages Shop, Shed on Jasmine Ave. In Medford

By Jim McCoy Thu 23rd August Newsfire

An estimated $40,000 dollars damage was done to a shed and shop on Jasmine Avenue in southwest Medford this morning. The fire started in the shed that contained an unattended propane-fueled meat-smoking appliance that was in operation.

The fire quickly spread to the shop and a firewood pile behind the shed. Crews arrived within 8 minutes of dispatch at 8:42 a.m. and were able to quickly control the fire. No injuries were reported.

Medford Fire and Rescue received assistance from Fire Districts 3 and 5 and the Jacksonville Fire Department.

Search

Focus Today

Focus Today

Video On Demand

Video On Demand

theDove News

theDove News

Sports

Patrick Doyle

Counselling

Patrick Doyle
(c) 2012 UCB USA Inc dba theDove